Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rozelle Markets

Rozelle Markets bills itself as "Sydney's favourite second hand market"; without wanting to sound disparaging, and perhaps I was there on an off day, it's neither as well-stocked and high-quality as Glebe Markets nor as interesting as Marrickville Markets. There was nothing I wanted to buy, but there was a quite astonishing assortment of items on display, much of which was probably never going to sell. The stallholders were nice, though, and if I'd been hungry I might have been tempted by har gow, my favourite dim sum, pictured below.






















2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of an old wooden plane with an incongruous string of pearls! Real creative imagination, both to arrange it thus, and to spot it and take a photo!
    Marg x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frequently visit Rozelle markets, however perhaps I should check out Glebe sometime soon :)
    I wrote an article about the markets here:

    http://www.weekendnotes.com/rozelle-market/

    ReplyDelete