Sunday, January 30, 2011

Glebe Markets

Glebe Markets is on every Saturday from 10am to 4pm on Glebe Point Road, in the playground of Glebe School (hence assorted glimpses of grass, bark, and yellow-lined tarmac). It's an enjoyable hotch-potch of local designers and artists, new and vintage items ("it's mainly for girls", I overheard one passing hipster say disparagingly to another), hats, bags, frames, sunglasses, plants, and designers like Bree Pash and Gingham and Heels. There's also some food stands (Mexican, shown below, and interesting hollowed-out bread rolls with hundreds and thousands, which I think were Hungarian). I came away with a robot necklace.






















4 comments:

  1. Glebe markets are def my fave - I think I may have been there the same day...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were taken last Saturday not long before the markets closed. One of the stallholders, Bree, is on Sydney Spy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm trying to get in contact with the stallholder that was selling those ceramic cups, would you happen to know anything about them? I see this post was from a number of years ago so I know its a wild shot.
    Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm trying to get in contact with the stall who was selling the ceramic cups in one of your photos, would you happen to know anything about them? I see this post was from a number of years ago so I know its a wild shot.
    Regards, Aimee.

    ReplyDelete